Monday, October 27, 2008

10 weeks and counting

So, today I am officially 1/4 of the way through my pregnancy. It's been a rough quarter. I feel like hell most of the time. There will be little glimmers of normalcy here and there, just enough to remind me that I will survive this thing. The worst part is I am just getting going. Maybe it was because I felt so wonderful when I pregnant for Gunner that I am having a hard time dealing with being sick. And maybe I just forgot how bad I felt the last time because everything that happened after 20 weeks was way worse than a little nausea. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am almost 5 years older? Whatever it is, I am a wimp!

Since it was cold and rainy all weekend, nothing got accomplished. Gary did get the second dresser moved out of Gunner's room and into the garage. Gary and I are moving our room which is currently upstairs, into what used to be Gunner's toyroom. So I had to rearrange his furniture and put quite a few toys in his room. The toyroom closet which we could barely open the door to, is clean and awaiting our clothing from upstairs. (Ok most of it is on the couch since I never take care of it.) Why are we moving? The stairs. Once I get a cerclage I will more than likely be told to avoid the stairs. Depends on how things go, stairs may be completely off limits. And if you know me, and how graceful I can be, there is no reason to tempt fate by climbing my big pregnant self up and down the stairs several times a day.

I am also hoping since I will be right next to Gunner's room now that I can break his habbit of wetting his pull-up at night. I'm thinking that on one or more of my many trips to the bathroom at night, I will drag the little guy with me and make him use the bathroom to get him into the habbit of not sleeping through the urge to pee. And then maybe I will be able to get him to go back to sleep in his own bed instead of coming into mine after he wakes up once he is already wet.

That's about it. Nothing overly exciting to report. Gunner is getting geared up for Halloween on Friday. Gary has the day off so he can go to his class party and go with us trick-or treating that night. On Thursday I go to see the nurse for my first OB visit. That will be extremely disappointing. Most likely it will be lets talk about how you are feeling, take your vitamins, watch your weight, how did you last pregnancy go, here are some handouts, see you next time.

1 comment:

Jennifer and Elizabeth said...

I completely forgot about this blog page. I am such a horrible friend. Jenifer I will be praying for you and your family each and everyday. You have more courage and strength than I do. I was so scared after Elizabeth i took the easy way out and had my tubes tied.

I am so happy for you and I really hope this pregnancy is totally uneventful for you and boring. I know you have been miserable and sick lately but I think I heard somewhere that that normally means the baby will be healthy. Let's hope that's the case. With E i never had any morning sickness or anything until I got my u.t.i. that wouldn't go away. I hope for you that this ickiness means everything will be normal this time.

Do keep me updated. I so want to know how you and the little one is doing. As well as how Gunner and Gary are fairing through it all.

You will be in my prayers and thoughts often, this I promise. I know we're not real close but I do love you and hope this is a blessed event for all of you!!

Jennifer and Elizabeth