Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dr appt. update

Absolutely nothing new at the doctor appt. I have an ultrasound set up for Monday to check my cervical length and get better pictures of two things they couldn't see clearly on baby the last time. Blood pressure was a tad high but ok, Baby's heartrate was 153, and I am measuring 22wks (I'm only 20!) so if all goes well we could have a beefcake on our hands in May. I am still working and have another OB appt in 3 weeks. That appt will be right about the time that baby will actually be viable. Or for those of you out there that have had normal pregnancies- the baby would actually have a snowball's chance in hell if born then. (As opposed to anytime from now until then) The cut off is 23 weeks, if a baby is born before that there is nothing the doctors can do for it (legally) so that is our next "milestone" if you will. At 23 weeks with Gunner I was in the hospital having an emergency cerclage. I'm hoping this time the 23 week mark passes more uneventfully. I don't have big dreams these days, just seeing the third trimester isn't so much to ask now is it?

1 comment:

Jennifer and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad to hear that so far everything is "noraml". I think of you daily and have you in my prayers. I don't think seeing your third trimester is too much to ask for!!