Thursday, April 2, 2009

8 months and counting

Not much going on here lately. Last week Thursday I had another ultrasound. The good news is that my cervix hasn't changed since my last ultrasound over a month ago. That is wonderful. We couldn't get any kind of picture of the baby. The baby is head down facing my back. We did get to see lots of hair. It was quite cool to see all the little hairs floating on peanuts head. The appoinment with the doctor afterwards was pretty routine. Everything looks good from that aspect also.

Hitting the 32 week mark on Monday was cool also. This means I am 8 months pregnant. Another milestone I didn't know if I would ever see. In 4 weeks I will be getting the cerclage removed. The doctor who placed the cerclage prefers to remove them at the hospital. This is my preference also. Sometimes women go into labor immediately, sometimes within days and sometimes it can be weeks. I am hoping I have at least a few days since I will be finally be able to get out and do some things.

Last Friday we took Gunner to Kindergarden round up. Basically it is just a chance for us to introduce the kids to the building and the teachers. We get to meet them and see everyone. He seemed to enjoy it. I got through it without too much emmotion but when the day of kindergarden comes for real I will be a mess.

Nothing on the agenda this week, but next week I have another doctor appt and Gunner has a dentist appointment. Next week is spring break so he doesn't have any school. I guess it is supposed to be a fabulous week weather wise- not!

No comments: