Thursday, April 9, 2009

Latest news...

Well here we are at 33 weeks and 3 days. This morning I got up and got Guns around for his dentist appointment. My mom played chauffer for the day. Guns just had a check- up which went really well. No cavities for our little man. He also spent the day as a cowboy. Wranglers, belt, wrangler shirt and boots, not to mention the cowboy hat. Since he was a superstar in the dentist office behavior wise I let him wear the darn hat. A dentist appointment may not seem like a big deal (since it was just a cleaning) but for Guns it is. He hates the dentist! The first time I took him for a check up or cleaning he refused to have xrays and it took 4 of us (the dentist, 2 hygenists and myself ) to hold him down so the dentist could look in his mouth. Mind you his dentist is a pediatric one and is a saint. He should be given a special award for his mild manner, calm voice and patience.

After a visit to Great Grandma Louise (my grandmother- mom's mom ) we headed back to the beltline for my doctor appointment. The whole troup ended up in the room with me. I lost a pound, my blood pressure was a bit high but ok (124 over 84) the babies heart rate was 150 and I measure 35 weeks. The doctor is so excited to see me still pregnant at 33 weeks. My complaining didn't get me much sympathy- since all I really can complain about is what most women deal with- it just happens to be new to me. Next appointment is in 2 weeks. Hopefully after that it will be weekly- especially since the doc who did my cerclage said he wanted to check my cervix at 36 weeks to see how it was holding up and then determine a date to cut the suture.

What blows my mind the most is that I am even having to consider things like "removing the cerclage". I still can't believe how fortunate we have been with this pregnancy. While bedrest blows and I was really hoping to make workwise- we are at an awesome point. And I have the feeling this kid is going to hang on until the very end. God has been very good to us, first our miracle baby boy Gunner and now a pregnancy that is slowly creeping up on full term. Even with all the other things in our lives have gone haywire we have been truly blessed.

No comments: